I am honored to have a true public servant like Scott Brown supporting my campaign as the treasurer. Scott and his family have lived in LISD for 9 years, and he has a freshman at Hebron High School. He is a familiar face in Lewisville ISD, thanks to his tireless support for our schools through PTA. Scott has an impressive resume as a parent advocate and his experience and insight is invaluable to me—during this campaign and beyond.
Scott was appointed by the School Board to the LISD Bond Oversight Committee, and he also serves on the Castle Hills Elementary Building Leadership Team. He has been on the Texas PTA State Board of Directors representing our area as Regional VP, and Youth Protection Chair. Scott is currently the Texas PTA Field Service Representative and sits on the Governance Committee.
There is pretty much no PTA leadership role that Scott hasn’t held!
Some of his past service roles:
• Killian Middle School PTA Treasurer, 2012-2014
• TXPTA Board of Directors Region V VP, 2012-2014 (Committees: Executive, Strategic, Budget, Finance, Leadership, Membership)
• TXPTA Board of Directors Youth Protection Chair. 2010-2012
• Area 16 PTA Board Parliamentarian, 2009
• LISD Council of PTA’s Legislative Chair 2007-2008, 2nd VP Membership 2008-2010
• Castle Hills Elementary PTA Board, Various Roles 2006-2012
Scott and his family are also active at Prestoncrest Church of Christ; that faith leadership is also a very important element to me. I am proud to know Scott and have him on the team!